Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Heads

For our next assignment we are given the theme of "burden" with emphasis on paper cut out animation techniques.
In the process of thinking about "burden", I came to see that the human mind, on more than one occasions, is a burden. And thus in this experiment I try to portray how "heavy" the things in our head can be.

I try to keep the design of the puppet simple and clean so I can concentrate on the movements. There are some weight shifts and tensions that I did not achieve yet.

In my first trial I have set up an over-top camera station at home. There were some technical problems due to my camera quality, equipment and lighting, however I was able to capture a little sad moment from this big-headed puppet.




I later composed the background with the animation in After Effects. I love the clean infinity look of surreal environment and decided to go with geometric straight lines to contrast with the simple circular design of the puppet.







I have also did some other animation test in combination with the last morphing project. 








No comments:

Post a Comment