Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Jeff and Peter part1

We are doing a two and a half D this week. In my case I think I'm doing a 2.5D in a sense that my character has no legs movements, in any case I this is only a first draft and I will definitely add more relief claymations later on.

The idea here is an interview of a weird creature, though I will explore and extend this interview further to include the sensation of memories.




Initially, I planned to combine computer Flash animation with photo realistic textures and claymation together. This will require quite a bit of compositing work.

Also what I did this week is setting up my own station at home. Though with lack of equipment I tried the most primitive methods and frankly, not the best. The camera moved around and the light shifted...I stationed my camera down with duck tape...failed.



Two basic principles that I must approach more carefully:

- Use proper equipment.
- Have proper work station set up.

These two are technical stuff that doesn't really concern me as an animator in the sense that I can still get my timing and emotion right, BUT it does have a huge effect that my animation will be poor in presentation quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment