Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Animatic, Totally Different from the Storyboard

I have put together an animatic in which is totally different from the storyboard and script I have posted previously, hoorah! But as always, in regards of time the former idea is too elaborated and I am quite certain that I will not be able accomplish it in this semester.

The new scenario that I have come up with seems to communicate the relationship between the two creatures better, a short situation that shows the personality of the two. 

As for sound design I go for sci-fi inspired sounds, with some mystical bell thrown in there. Again, I like the mixture of overtly serious atmosphere contrasting with humorous looking characters.


Aibohparoga from Natty Boonmasiri on Vimeo.

And this time I have decided to make wood puppets instead of foam latex puppets--having to sculpt the puppets, make a mold and pour the casting material into the mold last semester was too time consuming. Also I need something more rigid this time, because the character won't be that rubbery and fluid. This is my first time working with wood and I have to say it's actually quite enjoyable. I find I can handle heavy machinery tool quite well, got the shape that I want and did not injured myself until I got back home and opened a can of beans for nacho...



No comments:

Post a Comment