Saturday, October 12, 2013

Components

As for this week I have been working more one my sketches, designing my main character and mapped out his movements.




Not yet to be named, this little fellow is best describe as an entity from another universe similar to earth. Nobody knows why he ended up in the room he is in, but they all are interested in his stories and ask him questions about his past. He is full of memories and nostalgia and able to describe the thoughts in his mind so vividly to others that they can experience them.

And this is where all the animations work kicks in. I planned to create three different scenario based on three questions that the my main character will be asked. In each scene there will be different animation components that I will composite together (an expected heavily composite work lies ahead, yay).

I went back to the first messy which is animating glue under the camera. The blob-like texture of glue that looks in between liquid and shiny solid is the kind of texture that really strike me and so I decided to revisit the experiment again. My first try was not a success, I wasn't prepared enough with my equipment and patience. This time I was ready, I have water, towel and a good brush to help me clean up and manipulate the shape of the glue as I learned that the most frustrating thing is to clean out the previous glue. It worked out much better. And I was mentally prepared too,






Some movement tests is made in flash.


Then blob-manipulation under the camera.


And composite in after effects.



The result satisfy me. Of course some more test is needed in order to get the movement, color and lighting right, but this outcome gives me encouragement that this method is working. Some changes is probably in the material itself that I need to find an alternative one, and also a more even lighting so there won't be undesired shadows.


No comments:

Post a Comment