Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Looks

As previously stated, our little guy (who is yet to be named) will travel through his memories, taking others along with him.

The idea I have for his room is that it is a consistently shifting room, it changes sizes and appears to be extremely vast or claustrophobically small at any given moment. It is best describe that the room is cell-like, similar to an interrogation room with minimal lights and just overall empty. 



Once probe by a question, the little guy will transcend to his memories.

So far I have three questions to interview him:
- What's your favorite moment?




- Where was your house?



- Do you like parties?


A couple of things to do here is that I need a coherent script of who will ask the questions and what is exactly the answer to those questions. Also I would need to figure out the transitions between each scenes and what elements do I need.

Some examples here is that I will use Flash animation in combination with live footage.



And stopmotion/claymation elements as props.


Last but not least I tried out my wire amature to see whether it can move as I want. And thank you Stephen Wichuk, our animation technician here at ECUAD who helped me set up my test area with this incredibly old apparatus.




What I discovered was not such a good news. The amature worked well enough but his shoulder could not be move up and down, thus the weird breathing movement. I need to revisit his design before I can move on to add more flesh to him (in which I plan to experiment with rubber latex). Moreover, the wire is not quite the right kind, it's a steel wire which bounces back once moved, an aluminium wire will hold more to it's position and have no bounce.







No comments:

Post a Comment