Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Readjustings

I would like to pick up some parts that I might have forgotten to mention in my prior posts. For instance I have finished the couch for the little guy, it's made of Styrofoam core with fabric covering. It's very simply assembled by gluing everything together and afterwards I attached a knot underneath so that it can be tied down to the animation board. The coach is not the most sophisticated piece of a furniture and in the future 'i definitely going to measure and calculate for a more realistic set piece. 



Next is the change in the trippy hill scene. Initially the idea is to shine a projection of a video I made on to an animated scene, this method would work perfectly fine but taking the stereoscopic aspect in regards, it doesn't. The reason being that the projection was inconsistent, and because I'm using the cha-cha method for S3D the two eyes became different as you can see below.

Left 


Right


The colors are off between the left and right eye and so once combined the S3D got interfered. To overcome the problem I decided to just not use the projector and instead light the scene with different filters, in which the mystical feel is still there.


Lastly I animated my steel flowers!! The only issue here is that I did not make a big enough scene so I wasn't able to capture that vast landscape feel. In the future I'm hoping to find a studio space that I can leave my set up and create bigger sets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment