Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Action!

For the past week I was on full animating mode. I start to work with my set and my puppet, learning how to light and compose my shot along the way. I have encountered a few problems with lighting, either I cannot set it up right, too much or too little light and moreover, my set burned...Fortunately it's a part that is no longer needed but this give me a good lesson in considering a more suitable (and non-flammable) material to built my set with. 



I have gotten used to the routine in the puppet room starting with setting up my set, positioning the character, then setting up the IOTA rig and the camera and ending with getting the lights right. In addition to this week I got a good advice to use an app call the IOD Calc Jnr which helps to calculate the IO for my S3D, ensuring that I will get the appropriate difference between my left and right eye that I won't create eyes strain for the audience.




Though things are finally moving, with the end of the term approaching, I am quite certain that I would not be able to finish the film as I have planned on my storyboard, regardless of how much I wanted to. It was a necessity to scrapped away some shots such as my panning shot as I yet learn how to move the camera right and also with my projection on to the hills scene is not working out because the projector flickered which is unsuitable to shoot S3D (the one camera cha-cha technique needs the scene to stay exactly the same which shooting each eye). 



Nevertheless, I am still determine to produce a good work, just only that plan has changed and I will now concentrate more on experimenting with S3D. What I have in mind is to just animate different scenes and playing with the depth of S3D. Eventually by next week I should have enough footage to create a short. So far this is the fruit of my labour.



No comments:

Post a Comment