Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Moving Forward

This week it is all about finishing the set, with that has been said I do still need one element in order to call the set making process complete-I still need to make a nice couch for my little guy. But by far I have finished the hills for both of my scene, the steel flowers blooming scene and the colorful hills scene. The hills are made of Styrofoam cut with heated wire foam cutter which is a very awesome equipment to create the jaggety, rocky look, I then finished up the texture with gesso to smooth out the foam beady texture. As for the hills for the steel flowers they are just the olden days paper mache. 


The steel aluminum flowers.



The heated foam wire cutter.



The most exciting news of this week is that I finally get to try out the Dragon IOTA rig, thanks to Sean Arden from the Emily Carr S3D Centre. I set up my scene and start practicing lighting, I set up the lights as if there's a sunshine streaming in, with a huge mistake of having two shadows...one point needed to be corrected there. And for the second scene I wanted to create a night ambient, to achieve that I use two light sources: one yellow one from the window and a flood light with blue filter from far away. 








Because I'm not quite familiar and confident in setting up the IOTA rig just yet I didn't try the S3D in other angles apart from the simple frontal shot. But I do want to practice on shooting from different angle anyway so I went ahead, plus I experiment a bit more with light by bouncing the light from the wall through the window to create a chilling icy scifi look. 



The latest experiment I did this week is some more light experiment, in which inspired by Chantal , using projection on the foam hills I did. The projection is create with videos of flowing water I took with added effects on AE, I then projected it frame by frame while animating my set.




It's trippy!





No comments:

Post a Comment