Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Storyboard (part 1)

Originally, I have this idea of making the little guy a chronophobic character, afraid of the passing of time, stuck with his past of beautiful memories and unable to move on to the future.

I really want to make the idea work and able to deliver a narrative driven animation that is infused with experimental techniques. That posed a lot of challenge in terms of coming up with the actual storyboard. So far this is what I have:





Also there are two concept arts that I did in S3D to get some visual idea of how thee scene will came out.




And at this moment I am stuck. Coming up with how the story will progress is actually harder for me than actually making the animation happen, because once I know what I have to do I know I will try to find a way to make it happen. However, if there's nothing to begin with there's no way to move on. 

Initially, I thought that coming up with abstract images would be easy and would easily fit with my memories sequences. Apparently to make random elements play out together in a logical sense is rather difficult. I will have to re-write my storyboard in either as a simple narrative or go full on experimental; my original plan is not going to work due to time constraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment