Friday, November 8, 2013

Storyboard (part 2)

Finally I have finished my storyboard! And now I am organizing all the materials that I would need to make each scene. Though frankly, I doubt if I will have the complete film due to time constraint, we have another four weeks to work on this project and at the moment just figuring out how to make a proper puppet alone is quite time consuming. 

At least part two to my little story is done. 




My plan for this weekend is to get as much concept arts done as possible (or needed, at least for me to have a clear visual of what I want). Concept arts is also important for other people to understand what it is I'm trying to do as I do need advice and assistant. 

I have managed to finished the first two memory sequences, in which the rain scene would be mostly compositing in AE and not so much a real S3D shoot; combining just loop stop motion for the rain. 



Another scene is the blooming flower scene, in which I'm making the set out of paper pulp and the flowers out of wire frame and aluminium foil. I have already test out the perspective and shooting in S3D. I'm quite happy with the result, especially that I did the S3D animation without the Dragon Rig (the motor was not working properly), Stephen showed me how to shoot left and right exposure manually in Dragon Frame. 









And here's a scene of him in his loneliness:


Also my effort in making a plaster mold is finally going to pay off! Hopefully...The initial intention in making a rubber latex puppet with expanding foam interior is scrapped away because the arms and legs are just too thin for the material to work. In the end Camrose advice me to make him out of silicone instead, though I am a little scared that the puppet will be too heavy in the head. plus the material is shiny and might not give the appearance I aim for. My plan B for the puppet is to make Martin's Foam Sandwich Method, positioning a wire amature between two sponge and carefully snip around to get the shape that I want and then brush on rubber latex for the skin. This method is more likely to be possible. Stay-tuned and how the little guy will turn out to be! 





No comments:

Post a Comment